Friday, November 10, 2017

Fall Leaves and Knee surgery



                                                            Yep, it's Friday, alright. 

                                                 And, time for Tanya's Willy Nilly Friday

1. What a week!! And, it isn't over yet. On Monday daughter Shirley and I went to Farmville, Va. for a lunch/see the fall leaves kind of trip. And, we were not disappointed one iota. Farmville (I'd never been) was a charming town. And, they were busy putting their Christmas decor up on the lamp post. 

We were there for the Fall leaves, folks.


2. We went to Charley's for lunch, just around the corner from the picture above. Delightful place to eat. It's in the Old Warehouse building.

3. We sat at the window where we could see the babbling brook.

4. We shopped at the Farmer's Daughter's just outside of Farmville. A favorite place of ours to find special little items.  I found this for the upcoming Christmas season.



5. Trip over... Tuesday I had a squasmo cell (I think I am spelling that correctly) cancer taken off the side of my knee. I thought 'oh it will take a day or two and I will be ready for anything'. NOT. It's taking more time to heal than I thought. But, the upside. It's gone. They got it all. 

16 comments:

  1. Great photos and so sorry about your knee, but thankful they got it all! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmville, VA looks like a wonderful place to have an adventure! Fun post, except for the removal of the squamous cell ca from your knee --- but it is done! Good for you -- I wish you well and swift healing. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such wonderful outings! Even Texa has a tiny bit of color showing the last day or two.
    It’s always a good thing to get something like that cancer spot on your knee taken care of. Pace yourself as you recover. Praying God with you that they got it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Towns here put up Christmas decorations on Monday - just totally skipping Thanksgiving!
    Glad you got the skin cancer taken care of.
    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First and foremost I'm glad it's GONE!
    And your outings are always inviting. So glad you have the opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear they got all of that cancer cell! I knew it might take you several days to get back up to speed!

    Loved this post! The Fall leaves and your view from the restaurant window...wonderful! Farmville was a place we strongly considered for retirement. On the map, the area between there and Bedford and Roanoke was our perfect place! But of course, life always sends you curve balls! :-)And we are very happy here. I love that you got out that way this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased to read it's gone!

    I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs, the colours are wonderful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the beautiful views - and most of all for sharing your "All Gone" Report! Yay!! Excellent News . . . By Thanksgiving you'll be dancin' around again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful time of year! Glad your procedure is behind you and turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that got it all! Had the same on the side of my knee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun trip. The town looks so charming. We use to do those old fashioned holiday decorations too, now they opt for boring white lights and plain wreaths. Love seeing the fall colors. Hope you feel better soon, so glad they got it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...few people love Christmas more than I do, but let's have Thanksgiving first! You take good care of yourself, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely that you and your daughter had an enjoyable day together before the day with the knee surgery. Hope that heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Christmas, but I would love it more if they waited till Thanksgiving was over...
    I am glad they got all the cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos :D Though I have to say that 'brook' would be a river here :D We went to Queensland once and noticed what they called a stream in the tropics, would be designated a gushing river down here in the borderline desert :D I'm guessing you guys get more rain than we do.

    Gorgeous countryside. I'm glad you had a good time and grateful for the removal of the cancer (death to all cancer!).

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    Best wishes,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice little trip. I've been in Farmville once. I thought when your title said knee surgery it was going to be knee replacement. Glad it wasn't as extensive as that and you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.