Monday, January 29, 2018

A New Project

                                           You'd think I'd have plenty to do, wouldn't you?

             But, the days get long, the energy gets short and I get bored. That about summed it all up.

I paint a little, I journal every day, I read, I take pictures, I am a computer nut who stays on there too long but, for some reason, I am always searching for something new to try. Cram into life all you can while you can, is my motto. 

While complaining to my daughters about being lonely and bored on Sundays, one suggested I have a project I do just on Sundays. Then the other daughter suggested maybe, since I already journal, that I try art journaling. 

                                       I did my first pages yesterday, which was Sunday, by the way! 

It's a beginning. I hope I get better as I get into it deeper. Maybe experience will help. But, here they are. 
  
                                                                                 The Title Page


                                                              The first three days of the past week. 

                Now, this morning, I need to finish up the week and do those other four days. 

11 comments:

  1. Never have gotten into that. Here's a blogger who is you should check out: https://petalspapersimplethymes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked her out and I love it. Have bookmarked so I can go back and read everything she has posted. Thanks for suggesting that site.

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with your new art journal Latane - it's perfect for you and so beautiful! Are you creating it online or actually in a book?

    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making a book but some of it will be added to my facebook page or maybe a few here and there on this blog. Who knows, life's a mystery, an adventure. I never know from one minute to the next what I will do. he he.

      Delete
  3. There’s a fine line between boredom and having too much to do. Your art journal is going to be a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Latane, I love your art journal and hope you post pictures frequently. I would like to start one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hobbies are excellent. I retired rather early, and find the days are a bit of a mystery some days. This week, my respite client has flu and I have a sudden free afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a great start on that journal, and I can't wait to see more! Glad it is helping with your Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and you are off to a nice start! The entries are small enough to handle easily. Hope it helps you be less bored and lonely.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.