Friday, January 12, 2018

Snow Time

                                           I always look forward to Fridays!!

It's not because it's the end of a work week for me... at my age, I scarely know which day is what! 

                             But, on Fridays I get to join Tanya's Willy Nilly Friday

Since we have just survived a very bad cold spell with bitterly cold temps and snow, I thought I'd share some pictures of that with you. I am also going to link up with Eileen's Saturday Critters

#1. We will start with first things, first. First the pond started freezing over. I'd never seen that before.


#2. Then came the snow


#3. It collected on my balcony


#4. Mallard ducks huddled together to stay warm


#5. Even the heron was looking for food.



16 comments:

  1. Great photos! Pretty snow!
    I hope the ducks and heron can find something to eat
    Hope you have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow is pretty. I hope you, and the birds, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what the bird think of all that snow?? So pretty to see from the comfort of my own home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whilst the photos are beautiful, I am not at all envious of all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Mom! I love that you had a winter wonderland for a while. Your photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Btw couldn't link in on Tanya's blog AGAIN but I do have a Five.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must be winter time! Even the gulf coast is having winter --- unheard of. Lovely images. I adore herons. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so pretty in your photographs, love the one with the heron.
    Keep warm

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. An unusual winter in so many areas this year. The heron looks cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...it's not supposed to snow down there, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, looks like you had more snow than we did. Love the ducks and the heron. Pretty winter photos. Thank you so much for linking up your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice set of randoms photos. I started to complain about the snow/ice we had until I saw what other people were getting & then I was thankful we didn't have that much after all. - Those poor ducks. I liked your Heron shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I am correct in saying the heron is standing on only one leg? It's as though he's saying "I don't want to have any more contact with this white stuff than necessary!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, Angie. He's just on one leg, that other one tucked up under him to stay nice and warm.

      Delete
  14. you have a great view of it from your window! we might get some tomorrow night? you too? thanks for linking up latane and sharing these pretty pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has been peculiar weather, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.