Thursday, January 11, 2018

Reading A Book

                                                I've always loved to read. 

I guess I got that from spending every afternoon at the library waiting on my aunt to pick me up from school. For whatever reason, I love to lose myself in books. Go to places I could never travel, get into adventures I'd never have otherwise, meet people who inspire me, scare me and those I just love. 

     I was cleaning out a cabinet the other day and ran across this book from my childhood. 


I've read this to my children and most of my grandchildren. Maybe I need to start reading it to my great-grands! 

Reading is so important. I was thrilled when I was invited to join my great-grandson, Dylan, at his school for lunch one day. 

                                    And, they just happened to be having a book sale. 

                                                    So, I bought him a book. 

                                        I am so thankful that he enjoys reading. 


I am linking with Little Things and Thankful Thursday


10 comments:

  1. Hello, I love to read. It is great to see your great-grandson enjoys reading too. Cute photo of you and Dylan. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'World's Cutest Dogs and Puppies' and Dylan is a cute kid! I bet those little girls at school are already noticing him!
    Freezing rain and snow forecast for us - a good time to snuggle up with a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is the best - said as a teacher and bookworm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading is so enjoyable.
    Love the photograph of you and Dylan.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big book lover. It's wonderful he likes books too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest dogs and puppies in 3D... who wouldn't love that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love reading too and i think it is so cool that you found your childhood book! and how lucky for your grandson to get to have you as a visitor for lunch and the book sale...i always love those book sales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One is never lonely if you have a book. I love that quote. I am reading an older book by Rosamund Pilcher. It was written in 1969 and I have probably read it before but it seems new to me - again.
    What a gift to share with your grands - the love of books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also a huge lover of books. Nothing like getting lost in one! So nice to see that you were able to join Dylan for lunch. Thank you for linking up today and have the best weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.