This is going to be a different kind of FIVE for me this morning.
I don't know about you but I find that I have favorite blogs to look at and I have some I just can't get 'in to', if you know what I mean.
One day I ran across a pin on pinterest on 'Why I would Read Your Blog'. It pretty much 'hit the nail on the head' for me and I wanted to share it.
1. First impressions are so important. I can tell the minute I open a blog if I want to spend my time reading it. It's important to keep your background light. So easy on the eyes and makes your posts just POP.
2. Get rid of pop-up ads. Personally, I can't stand those ads. You got a blog site for free, why subject your viewers to annoying ads? Again, personally, I usually don't look at blogs with ads.
3. I don't like little-bitty pictures that you have to click on to get large enough to see. I don't like a blog who's owner hasn't spent time setting it up properly (the pictures overlap the sidebar or the header is way too little for the entire blog or one who never changes anything so you pretty much know what you'll get each and every time you see it. Life shouldn't be mundane, neither should blogs!!
4. Let your personality shine. Now, true, some of us don't have a very interesting personality, we don't have great writing skills etc. but let the person reading your blog get to know YOU. Write that post just like you are talking to your best friend.
5. Blogs that are line after line, paragraph after paragraph filling up the entire screen with words is a no-no. Break up your words, catch the readers eye with graphics, pictures, different positions of your words on the page. Make it interesting.
Joining with Willy Nilly Five and Five On Friday