Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A Little Bit of My Town

                                              I am enjoying living in Suffolk, Va.  

It suits my needs very nicely and I have made friends and have become familiar with shops, parks, my favorite ice cream store etc. 

I think it would be awful to live in a town you did not like. But, I've done it a time or two back in my husband's Navy days. 


The walking trail behind my apartment

A butterfly seat at the Cultural Arts Center

A statue at Cedar Hill Cemetery

A Professional building at the corner of Main and Washington

This 'thing' was outside a restaurant in the Harbor View area. I don't know what it is. Do you?


7 comments:

  1. I like the clock on the professional building. You don't see many outdoor clocks anymore.
    The walking trail looks interesting. I will be checking back with you to see if anyone identifies 'the thing'
    Have a wonderful day!
    PS. I am playing Bingo with other senior citizens today, and then having lunch with some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I play bingo with our senior group here tomorrow. Great to be having fun...thanks for your comments on my blog. Happy to have you visiting and being a part of it all.

      Delete
  2. I think the thing has something to do with drying tobacco?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the butterfly chair!

    I have no idea what that thing is. The commenter above me who said it is for drying tobacco sounds right. I was going to guess Avante Garde art. Ha ha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. is there anything bring more joy than finding our place in life,, you sound like you are home, and it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have a sweet town to love and enjoy. That walking trail alone is very special. As for the sidewalk “art”...it looks military to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful views of Suffolk and nearby, Mom and so happy you are happy there! Love your wonderful summery header too.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.