Friday, August 17, 2018

Grocery Shopping Five

It's Friday....
Yippee
Why did I say yippee? Every day is pretty much the same around here. I even forget what day it is sometimes. Do you do that, too? Happens when you don't have a work schedule and the kids are grown and gone from home. 

Oh, I said Yippee because it's Willy Nilly Friday Five day, that's what!

1. One morning while I was at Susan's in New York, we went to my favorite grocery store EVER....
     Those store owners know how to entice you to buy by their creative, neat displays. I think you 
     will agree with me when you see these pictures. 


An aroma that fills your nostrils, makes your mouth water. Just look at all those baked goods and that basket filled with baguettes. I had my tea ready, just waiting on my cream-filled pastry. We are going to eat our breakfast in the little sidewalk cafe. 

2. Have you ever seen a deli display look as inviting as this one? I wanted one of each...

3. The fruit looks ready for the picking...

4. I'd ever seen vegetables hung like that. You can see what you are choosing. Everything is so fresh.

5. The shopping done, Susan and I go outside and enjoy our breakfast. 


okay, I am going to be naughty.... I am joining a Friday Five linky.... but I have one more picture to share with you. Sorry.

This little sparrow got a large portion of my pastry. He was so cute and once I had finished eating, he gave me a 'what, no more food' look and hopped away in search of someone else's breakfast.

7 comments:

  1. I just ate breakfast, and now you are making me hungry again!
    No, I have never seen vegetables displayed that way. I just want to reach out and grab a bunch of carrots and those green onions
    I am saying, Yippee! today because it looks like we may get some rain.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This market looks like art work . . . Triple WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes - we have several markets like that too - so enticing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful produce! Reminds me of the first time I went in a Fresh Fields. They got bought out by Whole Foods so they still have nice veggies but the displays are not as grand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A feast for the eyes! I love beautiful displays of fruits and vegetables, and oh my you added those wonderful pastries too! Looks like f8un, and looks like you had a delicious breakfast. (Hey if you dis 6 and I did 4, we're fine! :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beautiful array of vegetables and how they were displayed was an inspiration, Such a great five/six!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.