Thursday, August 16, 2018

Special Lunches

I got settled in at Susan's, resting, reading, watching some tv, eating the yummiest Chinese food!! I can't get good Chinese where I live so this was extra special. The weather was nasty, rain, rain, rain. Plans we had were quickly abandoned. Surely the sun will come out soon.

Friday a friend (first a friend of Susan's but then she became my friend as well), a true Southern lady transported to Conn. of all places but she retains that southern charm and wit. I just love her. She invited us to her country club, Belle Haven, for a bit of lunch and for us to catch up on the latest gossip  news. We southern girls never gossip!! 

The club was a charming place. I loved this particular view. That water is Long Island Sound.


It seems I order chicken salad an awful lot. You just can't go wrong with that. But, I do try to experiment with different foods whenever I am in a new place. HOWEVER.... that curry chicken salad on the menu was very enticing.. so I ordered it. I was not sorry!



                                    Of course, we girls had to have our pictures taken before we left!! 


                                          Since I was the honored guest, I got to be in both of them!!
                                           Daughter Susan in top photo, friend Alease in bottom one.

                                                

Next day we went to lunch at the American Yacht Club with another of my young friends (borrowed from Susan). Again, a beautiful view and such fun. Andrea is so sweet and gentile. I just love her. So, talk over lunch was fun and entertaining. 

She suggested the Maine Lobster Roll. I've eaten lobster but never prepared like this so I am ready to try it. So happy I did. It was delicious. 

Just as we finished our meal, the rain stopped, the sun came out and we got an exciting view of New York City across Long Island Sound. A bit hazy but I was happy to get to see it. I love New York city. 

                                                   Other lovely views of our surroundings. 




                                                                              Of course, more pictures.



Sometimes it is just lunch that is the most special Little Thing that you are Thankful for. Please check out these too linkys to see other very interesting posts. 

10 comments:

  1. And you are wearing your new green outfit - so pretty on you!
    Beautiful view from the Country Club. I have never eaten Lobster Roll - it looks delicious! The chicken salad looks good, too
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, you are all looking beautiful. Love the views and the food looks delicious. The Lobster Roll looks yummy. Enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latane, What pretty ladies, you included. :) My goodness those are awesome lunches. You are so right, just time , even though we may nosh, is heavenly spent with family and friends. OMG that view is one of my favorites too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful visit with the added bonus of a new friend. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just as beautiful as these pretty young ladies! And you all have the most beautiful smiles. I love seeing the boats and of course the yummy things you ate. What FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Latane, this looks like the perfect time/lunch date. So glad to see that you enjoyed it. You are looking fabulous!!!! Thank you for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the look of a lady feeling great joy. I feel refreshed just looking at your uplifting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous day! Beautiful pictures. You and your daughter are such beautiful gals. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those smiles are so gorgeous, you all had a fun time, it seems! I order chicken salad often, too. I'm not sure why!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.