Monday, August 20, 2018

Snakes....

       

If there is one thing I hate... it's snakes!! And, another thing I hate is when my husband scares me. 
                                                                This story is about both.
Back many years ago, when we lived on the farm in Alabama, Elbert was cleaning up an old pile of cut wood at the edge of the yard. I was in the house. 

I heard him yell, 'come here'. So, I go out the door, across the yard and stop near where he is working.                                                      'Look what I found', he says, pointing at my feet. 

                                I look down. I am standing in a bunch of snakes... grant you, they were DEAD. 
                                                                      That did NOT matter. 
                                                               I screamed and then I got MAD. 

How could he have let me walk into a pile of dead copperheads. There was a bunch of them, Mama, Papa and all the babies. They surrounded me. I was so mad. It's a dang near wonder I hadn't had a heart attack. He thought it was funny. Now, he could be the sweetest thing... but there was a side... well, we won't go there, hehe.

                                                                  
                                                                   🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Now, on to other things. Linking with Blue Monday

                                     Me standing next to one of my daughter's limelight hydrangeas.

And, the beautiful blue sky.



6 comments:

  1. You DID smack him on the arm, right? (I would've.) And that's the tallest hydrangea I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I would have been able to cope with all those snakes...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men! You know the song lyrics "You can't live with them, and you just can't shoot 'em!" But we love them anyway!
    Beautiful Hydrangea! I have never seen one trimmed up tall like that.
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was blessed to have made it through the day! 🙂 I don’t like snakes either and copperheads...*shudder*

    Such a nice photo of you beside the limelight hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.