Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A Bit of Beauty

I am enjoying my visit with my son in Alabama. Starting on week two today and guess what... no fights yet. hehe. We get along great and it's a more relaxed and peaceful existence for me. Who knows... hmmmm.

He's quite the grower. Best green thumb ever! I kill everything but he took after his Dad. And, he has two acres here to plant all he wants to plant. 

I took this picture of this flower. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. So, I thought I'd join Ruby Tuesday, Nature Notes and Pictorial Tuesday today so that others could enjoy it as well. 

There is a little yellow butterfly enjoying the nectar from the blossom. 



Hummers are still frequenting the hummingbird feeder in his backyard, as well. 



A close up of the hummingbird.



Have a great week. Take pictures, share them with us also the little day to day goings on in your life. I love reading about them.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs you've shared, thank you.
    I love the hummingbird.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s wonderful that you are enjoying your time with your son. He lives in a beautiful location and has similar interests, even if you can’t grow flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower with the Butterfly, looks great with the white fence!
    Love the Hummingbird photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take it you have an open date for ending this visit? It certainly sounds like a relaxed and beautiful place to enjoy on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These little birds are amazing, have only seen them in a zoo ! Beautiful pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the red color of your flower. I think my Humming Birds may have left here in Ohio already. Haven't seen them much the past week, but I always thought they left in October. Thanks for sharing with Pictorial Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be very proud of the first shot - the color and the butterfly. I am glad you still have hummers around - ours left at least 3 weeks ago, and I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely flower. The little visitor makes is even prettier! I do like seeing hummingbirds but have never seen any in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have three hummingbird feeders and I notice that the males have already left on their migration south..Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.