Saturday, September 22, 2018

No Peaches, Chocolate Will Have To Do!!

Michael and I headed out this morning. I had a hankering for some fresh peaches... guess what, Isom's did not have any. It's one week past peach season. So, he bought some Peach hot pepper jam. 

We always enjoy Isom's market. Fun place to visit and buy stuff. 

They had plenty of apples (did not buy any), sweet potatoes, (got some of those), and Michael bought this bottle of molasses.
My grandmother originated from Sand Mountain (North Alabama) so I thought that was pretty cool. 

There were lots of pumpkins, decorative corn, corn shucks,

and on the east side someone had a large collection of pumpkins for sale.

We continued on toward Madison where I had heard there was another market. S & J's. No peaches there either! So, I bought some squash. That will be good fried. 

No peaches, so we came back by Russell Stover Candy Factory. And bought chocolate instead. Pretty good swap-off I'd say.


Guess what we will be nibbling on during our football games this afternoon? 


4 comments:

  1. Gee, it’s tough having to settle for second choice. Hope your son is planning some baking with the molasses. Enjoy that chocolate now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun outing! Looks like they have a wonderful collection of fresh and canned goodies! The peaches we got in Maryhill were right off the tree. Not sure why Washington would have a longer season than Bama. Oh well. Anyway, gotta love Russell Stovers!!! Hey, that sugar free candy we love is from them. Check it out some time. You can't tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the corn! I usually get some. Thanks for the reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Russell Stover chocolates made me smile, as I used to get them back in the day. They are pretty tasty. The festive corn is wonderful, and makes me think of the pilgrims. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.