Friday, September 21, 2018

Reading, Painting and Walter

Son Michael is back to work now after his vacation and I am filling my days best I can.
I am doing things I enjoy, like reading...
I am almost finished with "Incident At Big Sky", the true story about a young girl training for the biathelon in the Olympics. She is running the mountain trails in Montana when she is captured and held captive by a father and his son. She gets shot but survives. This happened in 1984. You may remember it... if you are old enough, that is! 

I am wandering about my son's house, finding things that intrigue me.
This is a piece of scrimshaw that was a gift to my husband several years ago. I don't know if it is true scrimshaw but it looks cool nevertheless. I would like to think that it is.


And, if you have ever seen Jeff Dunham, the ventriloquist, you know Walter.
I just love Walter.
This one talks if you push his button. Ha ha. 

I walk outside and enjoy my son's flowers. He knows how to grow things. This is a Rose of Sharon blossom.

Besides reading, I am writing another book, doing entries in my journal, trying to blog often, keeping up with my facebook friends, I have two instagram accounts. You really ought to check those out. One is accidently_aging and the other is willielatanebarton. I have fun doing those. And, I am still doing watercolors. 
This is yesterdays attempt at a swallowtail butterfly

Well, that's all for now, folks. The weekend is coming up. I am sure we will get into something or other while he's off work.
And, that means more things to enter in Tom's Willy Nilly Friday 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful butterfly painting!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I recall, it doesn't take much to push Walter's buttons. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walter cracks me up. Just like a real old grumpy man with no patience. LOL. I love the butterfly painting. Blessings to you and your children,. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to welcome you to Nature Notes in your linked up post. I always poke around a new blog and I read your intro. I am sorry about your husband but happy that you can connect via Facebook and Instagram. I don't do Instagram, but I do read Twitter for news..I love the swallowtail. I will have a post on the swallowtails that I raised from eggs, then overwintered with me from last summer and how they made out...Michelle..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to train a long time to draw such a fine butterfly! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have not visited in a little while, i am wondering if you moved in with your son?? it does not look like you are having any trouble getting keeping busy!!

    the watercolor butterfly is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love all the photos, Mom. Yes, Walter is too funny. We watched a documentary about Jeff Dunham's career recently and it was really interesting. The book looks really good...I do remember that case! The rose of Sharon is beautiful! I guess you don't remember but I had the scrimshaw checked when I worked for the Chrysler historic houses and it's a replica. But, that doesn't matter...it was one of Dad's treasures! Sometimes being "authentic" isn't what really matters. Hope you two have an awesome weekend. Love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for showing us some of the finds in Michael's home and hope he didn't mind, Latane. The sweallowtail butterfly was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photo array. I killed my rose of sharon! sigh.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.