Monday, December 17, 2018

The Reason For The Season

      Last night one of my daughters and I enjoyed a wonderful cantata at my church.



 As I grow older I find myself placing more importance on those things that really matter,
                                                        like faith and family.



                            The story of the birth of Christ, as told in song, was so touching
                                    and inspires me to live a more purposeful life.


And, a reception that was excellent. Beautiful setting, friends all around and tables of yummy food.


What will you do for Christmas? I am sure there will be a lighted tree, lots of gifts, song, food and merriment. Please during this time of gaiety and fun to take time to remember the reason for the season.       

Linking with Thankful Thursday        

11 comments:

  1. How beautiful that Christmas tree made of poinsettias! Just wonderful. I would love to attend a cantata this year. Music can usher in the Christmas spirit so perfectly. Yes, I will definitely remember The Reason for this wonderful season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Latane, in sharing the reason for the season. This year we will be seeing a lot of family members by the time year end comes around. In that way, 1028 has been a great one because we have a lot of memories. Hope your Christmas is filled with lots of shared good times too. The first photo of you and your daughter was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post, and yes, it is important that we remember the reason for the season.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Churches are so pretty. My mom's favourite time of year was Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen so many Poinsettias! Wow! How beautiful! I'm glad you got to go! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! You surely got the season started off right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Latane, important words for this season today. I always appreciate you linking up and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...looks like a beautiful time, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos of the cantata! What a special way to ease into the joys and God's blessings of the Christmas season! Such a precious reminder of all He means to us and why we celebrate each December.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The reason for the season,yup. Peace and joy to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.