Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Climb that mountain

Okay,

I am back. I think. I really meant to just quit blogging but found I missed my blogging buddies too much.

So, let's give this another shot.

First of all I decided to start writing a sequel to my book "Springtime in Magnolia" published in 2014. That takes a lot of time and 'finger power'. These old hands aren't what they once were. They get to hurting if I type too long so I decided I would just concentrate on the book. But, here I am...

I am in Alabama. Been here 2 1/2 weeks visiting my son. My daughter and I met him halfway ..

Here is the first part of my trip while I was with my daughter. Still in Virginia.

Our first stop - Danville, Virginia and lunch at the Cotton Mill Restaurant....



with friends, Isella and Joe.

Shirley got the brick-oven pizza


I had a spinach salad



On to the mountains, we took a narrow, curvy side road, lots of ravines on either side.


Shirley dislikes the mountains and she was driving, so here she is with a victory punch...she did it!



We thought this cloud formation was unusual. And, we are nearing Tennessee where we will meet Michael and I will continue on to his house the next morning.





8 comments:

  1. so happy to see you are back!! good luck with the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one talented lady, another book wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Latane! Happy to see you here. Lovely to be visiting your son in Alabama. Your daughter is so cute giving a victory pump, I am not a fan of mountain driving either, yet the views are spectacular. All the best writing your sequel. I admire a person who can sit down to the task.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back where you belong. ;) The photo of the clouds is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you're back! and good luck writing the book--inch by inch everything's a cinch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you post. Your pictures are always so good. Enjoy your week at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for being back. I missed you. You are a terrific person.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.