Wednesday, May 22, 2019

More New Things I Did

                                                 Monday was Pool Day.

       I never learned to swim, not in all my 85 years. Or even float.

                  Every time I would try to float my butt would sink. 😎

                           Besides (or maybe) because of that I am afraid of water.

But, that did not stop me from getting into the pool. Daughter Shirley had a floaty chair and my butt fit right in it. So, I just did my own thing.



                   I am afraid I was a bit ,more like a lot, silly....

                   I announced that all I needed was a glass of wine.

          So help me, here comes granddaughter Brittany with wine for me.



         It was the wine ... I swear it was, giving me a sense of courage. 

        So, I asked my son to stand on one side of me, my son-in-law on the other and I slid out of that floaty chair. 



         They held on tight.... and once I got enough confidence they let go.



                                                ME FLOATING

         Again, more things to add to my 'have never done before' list.

It would be fun if you wanted to post pictures on your blog about things you have never done before.... or just tell me about them in your comments here.

5 comments:

  1. I so love that you did this. I have been a swimmer all my life, Mother said I learned to swim before I could walk, so I am always amazed that some can't or are afraid to try. Sort of like art.... you just have to do it until you get it and you can stay in the shallow end to keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful Latane, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Look at you! You're floating! Love all the fun things you are doing. Glad someone took pics to share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really fun! My parents learned to swim at ages 50.
    I would love to zip line, but never have.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.