Saturday, January 19, 2013

That Blasted Nikon!!

Well, I was gonna post the pictures I made of the snow we had but things did not go as planned.  You see, I have found out that all cameras are not created equal. Last year I bought a Nikon Coolpix, you know, one of those little suckers you can slip into your pocket and then whip out when you see something you want to snap. I've already had that thing in the shop once. Now, I think it's time for the trash can!!

I was wandering around in the snow taking this cute little picture (a pyricantha bush brushed with snow) and then that cute little pictureanda house shaped mailbox with it's roof covered in snow)  . Back at my computer I tried to retrieve my pictures and you know what... there's not one single picture I took on that card. Where the dickens did they go? And, I can't turn the power off the camera unless I take the batteries out and put them back in. New batteries! Oh, I just hate things that won't work when you want them to.

So, no pictures today... sorry.

I am enjoying everyone else's snow pictures.






8 comments:

  1. Sorry about your camera......I always love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frustrating, I know! So sorry! I can imagine the pictures would have been beautiful. I didn't even get out in our little bit of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your camera. I hope you either get it fixed soon or get a new one. I'm sure the photos would have been gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'd have to go out in the snow and purchase a new camera...it has become another appendage! I'd be lost without mine! I have a CanonSX30IS Powershot...for a year and a half now...and I love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a shame about your camera. Frustrating to say the least. I'm feeling that way about internet passwords. I write them down and then the site says they are wrong. Eeeek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Latane, are you uploading to a picture program?
    Sometimes, when you import, you have an option to click a different option (as to where you want to import the pictures from). I've found that to be the case when I import pics taken with a different camera. Hope it works! Any questions: e-mail me at dianna@thesedaysofmine.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Latane... I've heard good things about that camera--so I'm very sorry to hear about your problems with it... I'll bet your snow was pretty... We didn't get anything here at all.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a shame, Mom! You'll have to get out with your bigger camera! :-) Sorry I can't enjoy the snow in your yard, which would have been nice.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.