Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Some Photos From Yesterday

I just wanted to share a couple of pictures with you that I made yesterday. A little some time spent on Pinterest got me all fired up so I grabbed my camera and decided to replicate a pin or two. For some reason they never look exactly like those I snatch off someone elses pinterest board but I do the best I can.

I really liked this pin.



Mine however looked like this.










I wondered how it would look if the sun was shining through the leaf but this is all I got.
Still it's pretty interesting.
 

As I walked across my yard (from shooting the leaf picture) I noticed that my ginger lily was looking mighty spiffy still so I got this shot.


Combining a number of  pins I came up with  this idea. I may use it in a header one of these days.

An apple caught my eye in the kitchen so I staged tribute to my mother. I used her tin measuring cup, the cutting board she used for years and a wire whisk she used to beat egg whites with. And, of course, the apples to remind me of all those wonderful fried apple pies she was famous for making.
 
My picture looks nothing like this one from Pinterest. That is what you call 'taking creative license'.
 

So, that was my morning yesterday. Now, I wonder what I will get into today? You all have a good one.
                                                                                                                         

3 comments:

  1. Your photos are just as attractive as the ones from pinterest. Now you got this old girl going. I need to be doing some of these kinds of things!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I found your blog from A Rural Journal. Had to chuckle at your Pinterest comparison and your leaf in the sky picture is amazing, I like it much better than the original Pinterest picture :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this was fun! OK, the first shot you did had too much focus on the background...it was too "busy." The Pinterest version had the background all blurry. That's why yours didn't work as well. However, your second shot of the same leaf in the sun was pretty neat! Loved the other vignettes too. Especially the apple pie one tribute to Grandmother. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.