I am so sorry I have been slower than a turtle on a chilly morning about my blogging lately. I have neglected all of you and I apologize. The tooth extraction that I had last week and was bragging about being a 'piece of cake' decided to act up. Got a dry socket and for any of you who have had them then you know it's not one bit of fun. I promise to try my hardest to catch up.
It snowed AGAIN! And, the weatherman says we are going to get another dose of the white stuff this afternoon, on into tonight. Dang... I do love snow but this is ridiculous. But, with being closed up in the house I am getting a bunch of stuff done. Maybe God sends the snow so we will slow down and take care of life instead of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
I got to visit with my grandsons family last Sunday. The two great-grands are so sweet. The baby is 7 weeks old and his big brother is 3 1/2. How's that for a lot of Sweet Sugar!! And, believe me, I got my share.
I ran across this file card the other day. It has to be 35-40 years old. These are household tips from Heloise. She used to have a column in the newspaper every day and I followed her advice on cleaning the house religiously. Somehow, I veered off course in these later years and I wonder if I started back using them I'd be a better housewife. Housewife? You sure don't hear that term much anymore, do you? Since I've lost my hubby I wonder if the correct term would be 'housewidow'? Hmmm... just wondering.
Well, I guess I will run along now. Let's see....I've
1. Removed the breakfast dishes
2. I've loaded the dishwasher
3. Whoops, I haven't made the bed. You know, I did get up way too early this morning and I may need a nap later on.
4. I have picked up the papers and books. I even cleaned up the area around my computer monitor.
5. Haven't cleaned the bathroom.... but I did take a shower.
6. Didn't do the vacumning either. Don't do that every day.
7. A feather duster? Who the heck uses those anymore?
If I hurry up and complete my chores I may have time to watch some Olympics... or take that nap.