I don't want to know..........
That you are far busier than I am at this time of year.
Of course, you are. But, I swear (and Mother always told me not to swear) but my life has been one whirlwind after another this year... the whole dang year, not just the holiday season.
So, here it is and Friday is almost over and I haven't posted a thing all week and it's Random Five and Friday Fragments
WELL, BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
I always say.
1. I love getting sweet surprises from friends. Just look what my scrapbooking buddy gave me at the book signing on Sunday. So unexpected, so welcomed. And, I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from another scrapbooking friend. I am so blessed.
2. I have loved standing on my balcony and watching the birds that come to visit on the pond. I just about had a fit the other day when I spied a dozen (yep, 12) of the geese just swimming around. I managed to get 8 of them in one shot. (picture, that is. Not gun)
3. This is the only Christmas tree that I have up! The live trees stopped long ago. They were replaced by numerous artificial ones. Then I moved and everything like that went!! This little tree is about 15 inches high, out of molded something or other and lit. It sits atop a tall fern stand and you know what... it's just fine for me. I can manage it quite nicely and that is what matters.
4. I am jumping from Christmas in 2014 to a cold, wintry day in January, 1986. My daughter Susan and I were in Paris. Oh my was it cold. A friend had taken us on an auto tour of some of the sights. While sitting at a traffic signal, I grabbed my little bitty camera to snap this scene. It's one of my favorite pictures EVER! Oh, if I had just owned a digital camera back then!
(I did go into Picmonkey to shadow the edges)
5. If I could, I would invite each of you to come join me in a Christmas feast. What fun to sit around my table and visit with each of you. Since I can't, I do want to wish you all a very