Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Awake Early

The tulip poplar blooming at The Commons

I am joining Trees n Bushes a new meme (for me anyway) Come on over and let's check them out.


I've been 'out of pocket' so to speak for a few days. Nothing like sleeping your life away!! And, it was totally unwanted. Now, if I had wanted to sleep for days on end, that would be another thing. But, I did not ask for this.

Okay, you ask, what's going on? Just having a tooth pulled should not be such a big production, right? So, I am a big baby.. had to have that tooth out and I asked to be put to sleep. I had one out last year, was put to sleep, but by the 3rd day I was out shopping, going to Panera Bread for lunch. This time was vastly different.

It seems I was over-sedated. Did you know that could happen? I am sensitive to anethesia and do not wake up readily. This time, I did not want to wake up for days. Have no recollection of the first two days after that ole doc got ahold of me. You know something? That is scary!

So, I am gonna have to grow up and quit dreading the dentist. No more being put to sleep. It just 'ain't worth it'. 

On to other things....

Did you see the moon setting this morning? It was such a pretty sight. There's something about the quiet of an early morning, with the moon hanging over the tree tops, that just puts your heart at peace. You've made it through another night of rest. You are ready to tackle another day. What adventures await you? What blessings will you encounter? It's a special time to reflect and be thankful.

10 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...it so happens that I am up early, too. Yes, that does sound as if you were put a little too far under, though I hope that you are all caught up on your sleep, It is nice and cool this morning. Soon, I'll go about shutting the windows in hopes to keep this cool air in. Have a fun adventure today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, this was just terrible! You really cannot be sedated if these are the repercussions. So thankful you are back on track and ready for the rest of the week!
    jemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible to be out of it for so long. I react fast to very little anesthesia so I make sure to tell whoever is giving it to me. For a tooth extraction the dentist said I got the amount he'd give a 12 year old. Hope you're feeling better. Reading any good books? I picked up Julia Dent Grant's memoirs while we were in Missouri last week. Now that I'm home the garden is calling so reading time is limited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I had no idea it affected you that way! You sounded perfectly normal the day after then I read that you were "out of it" and groggy still. I am so sorry! You are right, maybe just a shot would be all you need to deaden the pain. Beautiful photo of the tulip poplar! Hope you decide to join NF's Trees & Bushes at some point. I am hoping it grows. Only a dozen people now, but it should get bigger in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that happened! I have had several pulled and never been put to sleep. Too scared I won't wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are alright now. Next time, maybe ask him to give you half that dosage:)
    Love the Tulip Poplar tree. And yes, the early morning is a very special time. We slept with the window open last night and this morning the light that comes before dawn, and the songs of the birds, woke me up. I slipped out of bed and enjoyed my morning devotional time by the window. in the coolness of the of the dawn. Sitting there in the stillness of the early morning, I felt centered and ready to face the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flower and image.. The moon has been beautiful lately.. I hope you are feeling better now. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty blossoms on the tree...i'm so sorry your tooth has given you so much trouble..i hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness- it does sound like he gave you an extra dose or two! I hope you are wide awake now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear! Sounds like you detox rather slowly. Some people swear by vitamin C and even charcoal capsules.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.