You may also find this post on my new blog Latane's Linky Blog where I put most of my meme posts.
1. I remember well the Christmas (1977) when my daughter Shirley gave me a large quilting hoop for a gift. It has gotten much use over the years. Although I have given up hand quilting, I still have the hoop..
2. How excited was everyone when Noah Galloway (the double amputee) proposed to his girlfriend on national tv on Dancing With the Stars. Not a dry eye in the house.
3. Although I have ridden Amtrak many times to various places, with the latest crash in Philadelphia I am rethinking my mode of transportation. Once again it seems (and I stress 'seems') to be engineer error. Do I want to put my life in the hands of men who are reckless?
4. My Mom had always talked of wanting to go out West so in 1980 I had the privilege of making her dream come true. She was 76 years old. She loved every minute of it. Here is a picture of Mom and two of her granddaughters camping out at the Grand Canyon.
5. I am busy packing for a trip to Nags Head, N. C. Since moving to Virginia, I have gotten to vacation there many times. It's always fun.
6. A group of us ladies from the apartment complex where I live get together once a week to play dominoes. I seldom win. But, I enjoy their company. On the other hand, I most times win when playing bingo. So, all is not lost.
7. I have kept a journal/diary off and on for most of my life. It was sporadic until I began in earnest in 1998 to make it an almost daily habit. Now I have stacks and stacks of journals that I sometime pick up and read, just for the fun of remembrance.
8. When my husband retired from his teaching job in 1990 I was so excited. I had bought him a small fishing boat as a gift. He did enjoy it but his first love was foxhunting. Here he is taking me out for a fishing trip.
9. When I look back at all I have done in my 81 years, I just wonder what is ahead. Perhaps it is a good thing we can't see into the future.
10. And, speaking of the future. I am very concerned about our country and the direction it is headed.I pray to God that in the upcoming election we get a good God fearing leader.
11. After Hubby retired, our youngest daughter took us to Europe on a trip of a lifetime. Here he is looking out our open hotel window at a street musician on the streets of Paris. How nice it would be if we had unexpected music in the streets around here. I'd love that.
12. We all went through the phase of making movies/videos and not necessarily making snapshots. I had no pictures of some of the places we'd been so I was excited to learn how to capture 'snapshots' off my old movies by using a program on my computer. The above picture is one of them.
13. Sometimes children who live in the city never have the fun of gathering veggies from a real garden. I loved taking my grandson out to pick his first tomatoes.