Friday, November 3, 2017

Majestic Things

           

              Sometimes something appears out of nowhere that amazes you, takes your breath away. 

                                                           Ever have that happen to you?

1. I was on my way to the dr. for a checkup yesterday morning when I saw, off to my right, a flock of geese. There must have been 50 or more, all in a huge V, flying south toward their winter home. Oh how I wish I had my camera, that I could just pull over and watch them! But, I kept one eye on the road and one eye on the birds as they flew over my car and went on their way. The only word I could think of was MAJESTIC. 
(not my picture but borrowed instead from Pinterest so you could just see something like I saw)


2. MAJESTIC: The description in my Thornkike Barnhart Dictionary lists Grand, Noble as the meaning. Maybe some people would say my birds did not fit into that category but I say they do. And, since they are MY birds, I can say what I want to about them, right? 

3. Other MAJESTIC things include a church steeple. I took this picture while I was in Boston with Susan and Owen.

4. I think my Blue Heron is MAJESTIC. He has such an air of nobility about him as he wades in the water searching for food. 

5. And, to me the mountains are MAJESTIC.

 God's work is MAJESTIC. It's here for us to enjoy. And, I really did enjoy seeing that enormous flock of geese yesterday. It was on my mind all day. I will keep that sight in my memory forever. 

Linking to Willy Nilly Friday and Reflections

6 comments:

  1. Those are all wonderful examples. We saw some geese flying over as we drove south from NH on Wednesday, trouble was the geese couldn't get their V together and they were headed north. Leaderless maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the geese flying in the sky in the fall and spring. It always amazes me me how they keep that V shape. I live in the mountains, and I agree that they can only be described as majestic :)

    I try my best to live in the moment. Sometimes the past catches me up but I try my best to leave it where it belongs. Nice post, and a nice new direction! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Majestic five! I agree I don't think it has to be noble to be majestic...only if it refers to people. Majestic is more often "gloriously beautiful" and "breath-taking," I think, but definitely "regal." Great quote and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've shared some excellent examples here.
    Sending my good wishes for the month of November.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thoroughly enjoyed your post & that you give the
    Lord His glory for the majesty of
    His Love & goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Majestic is the perfect word! Sometimes we just need to look around to see the majesty all around us and appreciate this beautiful world. Lovely photos and thoughts today. Love the quote. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.