Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Rough Around The Edges

Hey there....

How are you today? 

Some days I feel older than mud. Used and worn out.

Some days I feel more like young mud!!! Ready to be molded into something interesting. 


I've put some living in my years. Surprises the heck outta me when I look back at all I have done and I am still doing. But, age has a way of leaving a mark on you.... like wrinkles, and grey hair, and creaky bones. In the picture below I am 'touched by time and rough around the edges'. 
                     Man, it was windy the day we made that picture!!

I have always loved story telling and I have a bunch to tell. I've written my and my husband's life out for the kids and grands, just so they will know where they came from. I've put together dozens of picture scrapbooks so they can have visual proof that I was telling the truth... at least as I remember it. 

And, I wrote a novel about a couple living during the Depression. Now, I know a thing or two about that era and the characters in the book were patterned after people and events that I knew about. 
Here I am doing a speech about the importance of trying something new even if you are older than mud.

So, my quote today pretty much says what I want my life to be like at this ripe old age of 83. I want to be sort of like fine wine... aged but oh so tasty. 

Have any of you left any stories behind for your 'youngins' ? Just asking. 

You might want to think about it.  

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...I am 49 and always wonder what I am leaving behind...already! I love reading your blog, Latane, and enjoy the fact that you are still getting after it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a way with words; I'm not at all surprised that you've written a book. I have a lot of journals and notebooks of all kinds which will give my kids and grandkids a good look at how my life unfolded. I wish I would have asked my mother about her life but I didn't think about it when I was younger. I think as we get older we are more interested in people's stories in general and our parents story in particular.
    And yes, there are some days when I too feel old as mud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would give a lot if my parents had written down their life stories. I remember their word-of-mouth ones which I have passed onto our son. You are giving a wondrous gift to your children and grandchildren. My blog is a gift to our son, for him to pass on to any future children. I have a private blog for more family stories and you have inspired me to start a book for him. We have already, thanks to my husband, found 5,000 relatives going as far back as the 1100s but the more recent stories are in my blog for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don’t look at all like mud! It is wonderful that you remain interested and interesting! I’d love to hear that talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good quote!
    Have a beautiful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the quote and the photos. We, your kids, treasure the work you have put into genealogy and written accounts of our ancestors lives and your life. Plus we are SOOO proud of that amazing book, Springtime in Magnolia! Don't forget, beautiful pottery is made out of "old" mud. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.