Friday, April 20, 2018

Five Collection

I love having tea in this beautiful little cup. I bought it at an antique store the day I finished my chemo in 2002. It just reminds me that 'Hey, I made it. I survived!'



Mama Goose chose a spot to build her nest where I can keep my eye on it. Not that she needs me to watch out for her. Papa Goose is closeby. He's doing a fabulous job! 


My hummers are back in full force!! Love sitting in my recliner in my living room and watching them drink to their heart's content from the feeder.

I bought this little chef a couple years ago at a Home Goods store. He stands on my counter, watching me while I cook. Hey, who's the chef here!!

One day I saw a wake of water coming across the pond. Couldn't see a thing making it... until it finally stopped and surfaced. Dang thing was a turtle. 

Joining with Tom at Willy Nilly Friday

Please don't forget to click HERE for my daughter's latest blog post on our Mom and Daughter Lunch. It's a great one. 

13 comments:

  1. Great photo of the humming bird. Haven't seen any here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can see so much if taking the time to do so. And it does take time. I’d love to watch hummingbirds. Perhaps I need a proper pot of flowers to attract them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely series of photos! Love them all!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your pretty birds! Thank you for showing your lovely photos ! Enjoy your future "tea times" with your sweet cup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I see small dots in the water, and it turns out to be a turtle's nose! Now if I could coax it to show more of itself...
    Love the hummingbird photo - good job!
    A pizza place we frequent has a collection of those chefs - chefs on a shelf! I always pause a minute to admire them.
    How exciting to have the goose on her nest where you can see when they hatch. Little goslings are so cute, and they grow up so fast!
    Pretty teacup. I finished my chemo in Sept. 2014. As one cancer survivor to another, I salute you!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I'm glad that you are a survivor.
    ...it will be interesting to see how many little fluff balls the goose couple have.
    ...it needs o warm up a bit for hummers here.
    ...does he ever tell you how you are doing?
    ...big enough for soup?
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!!! First of all, that shot of the hummingbird is amazing! Love the geese tending their nest, and the little teacup and saucer which is such a wonderful reminder of your recovery from cancer! Awesome chef...I don't remember seeing him. Also, the turtle is very cool. But boy, that hummer shot is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, love your hummingbird! And geese are awesome parents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tea cups! I love them. My late mother had 100s! Too many for us to store. I love your life. You are doing so well.
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photographs, especially your tea cup.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tea cup is so pretty. I can see why it's so special to you. And you take the best pictures of the precious Hummingbirds. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cute little hummer on the berry bush...

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.