Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Unwanted Guests

It's late afternoon and I hear a bunch of squawking on the pond. So, I grab my camera and run out on the balcony to see what the ruckus is all about.

Seems two geese have landed on the pond and Mama and Papa Geese are not one bit happy. I have to warn you, everything was happening so fast I could not get a good shot but here is what I did. 

The guests (and I say that tongue in cheek) are landing on the back side of the pond. That's a good distance from me so it's hard to get decent pictures from there with my camera.



Papa Goose swims over to investigate



One of the 'guest' take flight


And, lands closer to the nest than Papa Goose likes. 


Papa gets busy and chases them both off while Mama gets busy settling into her nest.



By the way, I can't tell if there are goslings in there or not. Time will tell.

Again, I apologize for the poor quality of these pictures. I did the best I could with things happening so fast. Linking with Wild Bird Wednesday and My Town Shootout



13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! Wish I could have been there beside you watching the drama play out! You did good documenting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a jungle out there! Upstarts! You did very well with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Papa Goose was able to oust the invaders!
    Baby geese can swim almost as soon as they hatch, so you will see them on the lake within a day or two of hatching.
    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these shots! Geese are so much fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was exciting, Mom! Loved the series of shots and the explanation. Hope there will be goslings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, glad you grabbed your camera to get pics of what was happening outdoors. My husband always says everyday is an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat! Good job on reporting the scuffle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the story that counts, not the quality of photos!!!!! What a tale.
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We used to live on a lake and watched this kind of drama often ...and never ever got pictures of the action as well as you did. Since Mr Goose was defending his territory so well I’d bet anything that there are goslings....hope they all survive and look forward to future pictures ... I miss seeing them in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No need to apologize, Latane, as trying to get good shots of birds in flight is always difficult. We are starting to see the Canada Geese on the river below our apt and soon expect to see goslings as well. Hope you get to see them too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done with your shots ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.