Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Dinner's On The Way

Wednesday... 

How did the days go by so fast? 

Who knows. For me they are going by so fast, I see my life just slipping right outta my hands. But, hey, I am holding on fast and furious so don't count me out... not for a long time. Somedays, though I just feel old. Well, heck, I am! So, I tell myself "get over it"!

Time to post something about birds so I can link to Wild Bird Wednesday I'll have to dip into my archives, just not seeing much in the way of birds. Oh, wait a minute, I did have a delightful evening not long ago watching the osprey.

I noticed that Mama was sitting on the nest waiting for something.... you can barely see the nearly grown youngster down in the nest. He doesn't seem too concerned about anything. 


Suddenly, Papa arrives with dinner. Mama gets all aflutter and the youngster (on the left) gets up to investigate as well. He's been gone a long time. Wonder what Papa has brought them. It doesn't look like much. 


After dinner, Papa takes off again, maybe in search of more food. 


And, Mama takes up her position as watchdog. Oh, maybe that's watchbird


You've got to realize that this cell tower is over a block away from me. I am no good at distances so that's just a guess. It's a far piece in any case. But, when you can see the look in a birds eye from here... wow. I love my camera. 

9 comments:

  1. such amazing photos! We had an Osprey family live in a dead pine tree at our house on the lake, they had the most eerie cry,,really good parents though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me more about your camera. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of the Ospreys!
    Hope today is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fancy modern home they have! haha. These are great photos!
    Fun post.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing shots for being so far away. What kind of camera do you have? I'm thinking of getting a new one soon and am always up for suggestions to research. Would love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your captures are awesome!! wow, great camera, magnificent experience!!! these big birds sure do love these cell towers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have an osprey nest just around the corner, too! They are amazing critters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adore the fact that you have a nest to watch and can get such great photos, Mom! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.