Tuesday, October 9, 2018

It's Fall.

For Our World Tuesday

My world right now is in the harvesting season, getting ready for winter so we all will be fed, stay warm, live the good life. I have taken a few pictures of my world that I hope you will enjoy.

Nothing says Fall better than the ears of multicolored corn, all tied together, ready for decorating our houses with.



Harvest includes picking the best of the best for the county fair. I saw this gentleman heading out with a prize pumpkin. I wonder what it weighs? And, how did he load that thing?



Some cotton fields lie in wait for the picking, others are already being harvested. This field is bordered by beautiful morning glories. They grow wild and can take over an area quickly. I guess that is why we don't grow them in our flower gardens. 



This piece of machinery is huge! And, it does a fantastic job of picking the bolls of cotton off the plant. Sure beats hand-picking. When I was a child I helped my family pick cotton. I wasn't much help in their scheme of 'getting it done' but I thought I was doing a good deed. And, it was fun since I didn't pick long and I played as I picked. 



Goldenrod signals Fall. I have always loved goldenrod. It gets a bad rap. But, it's the ragweed which sends out pollen in the Fall, not the goldenrod. Least that's what I have been told.



What is happening in your neck of the woods this Fall? 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is the largest cotton picker I have ever seen!
    As for the giant pumpkin - amazing!
    Wonderful, beautiful corn!
    Our gas man filled our propane tank last week so we are ready for colder weather, but it is so hot here that we are still running the air conditioner.
    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dare not hang ears of corn lest the squirrels take over the world, but they do say “autumn.” I woke up this morning and realized that it is peak foliage today. 🤓 Took a little drive with my camera in tow. You’d have been proud of me. How DID he get that pumpkin into his truck? 😳

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Latane, I enjoyed your post. That corn is so colourful. An incredibly huge pumpkin, hope that man looks after his back! Love that field of flowers. Great shots. Cheers, Sue :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are still waiting for fall weather to stay around here in NH. We had a couple of cooler days and then into the 80s this week. Even the trees are still mostly green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. We are hunkering down for winter, too!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.