Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Falls

                           There are five of us girls that hang out together here at the apartments. 
                                                        Here I am with three of them.



The housekeeper came to clean and found S. lying on her kitchen floor. 

She had been there about 12 hours.  

She couldn't get up and the emergency pull cords are in the bedroom and bath. 
Well, that doesn't help if you fall in the kitchen.

So, we girls are rethinking our commitment to each other. 
We are thinking about each sending a quick text
to our group text
each morning upon arising and before we go to bed.

That way we all will know we all are alright!! 

Growing old has it's ups and downs. Frequent falls is one such down. 


9 comments:

  1. You have a good plan. Here at Vantage House there are flippers on the doors near the top. Security comes around to flip them up late in the evening and if they are not down by mid morning they knock on your door, and will come in if you don't answer. Our pull cords are only in the bathroom so a fall in the kitchen would be a problem for pulling the cord. Thankfully the flipper is the back up system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A relay call was what my grandmother used and it really helped her group of friends take care of one another. I hope that your friend is okay. Old age is definitely not for wimps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to have a group of friends that check on each other!
    I hope your friend that fell will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to have people who care. There are so many ways to keep in touch, now! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really great idea. Good wishes to your friend S... a fall is awful. You're a lovely group :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really great idea, Mom! I hope it helps. We all need one another, especially those who live alone. Love your Valentine's header. BTW got 2 comments on my Saturday's Critters post...am about ready to just jump ship altogether! Oh, I will still post something occasionally, and always see what you have done, but I think I am getting pretty disillusioned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOops...I take that back! I do remember having more comments than that, but the original ones have now been erased leaving only two new ones and none of the comments on my other blog posts are still there either. The same issue I had before, where I kept showing "No Comments". So this is bloggers snafu, and once again...I'm about ready to jump ship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain. Sometimes you just wonder if it is worth it!!

      Delete
  8. Keeping in contact with friends who live close or far is always a good idea, Latane. I hope that Sue will be OK.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will visit often and leave a comment when you do. My blogging friends always put a smile on my face.